Additionally, you must complete an application, background check, liability waiver, confidentiality form, and vaccine attestation agreement. You can a copy of our paper application under documents or complete the online application; under documents you will also find paper versions of our liability waiver and confidentiality form and vaccine attestation agreements. Please note that we do ask that individuals who interact in-person face-to-face with our youth to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a signed vaccine attestation form; if this does not work for you, we can discuss alternate virtual volunteer opportunities.
Please contact me directly at Lydia.Miller@youthvillages.org if none of the offered training dates and times work for you.
This is a virtual event only! Please register to receive a conference link.
Prior to volunteering, volunteers will be required to complete an application, pass a background check, complete a liability waiver, confidentiality form, and vaccine attestation.
Additionally, during their shift volunteers will check in at the front desk; at this time you will be required to have your temperature checked, answer screening questions at this time and receive a mask if you do not already have one.
- Your temp must be lower than 100 degrees.
- Your response to all below screening questions must be no or you will be required to leave:
- Have you had a fever in the last 48hrs?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24hrs?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or a sore throat?
- Masks are required for all volunteers. If you need a mask, Youth Villages will provide you with one.
- Masks must be worn appropriately at all times, including while outside and participating in activities.
- We ask all volunteers to use hand sanitizer prior to interacting with others.
- Whenever possible, volunteers will maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from other volunteers, staff and children.
- Volunteers will sneeze or cough in a cloth or tissue, if any are unavailable the inside of their elbow.
- No unnecessary physical contact is allowed including hand-shaking, hugging, high fives, fist or elbow bumps.
- In the event a child is not complying with social distancing guidelines, volunteers will be asked to refrain from interacting with them, but may be given an alternative activity that can be safely conducted.